Thursday, May 7, 2009

fever, fever, fever

100, 101, 102, 103, 100 etc..We have had a long week with fevers, coughs, sniffles, stuffles. (just made up that word).and more fevers! Savannah has been my most healthy child up until last week. I can count on one had the number of times she has ever been sick, had a fever, or even been to the Doctor. Last week was not the case. She came down with a fever I couldn't get rid of. Every 6 hours on the dot giving her Motrin, cold baths, and a cold cloth on her head. I was still having a hard time getting rid of her FEVER! She was miserable to say the least. A few nights ago I heard our dog howling and howling. I finally got up to see what was wrong. She was sitting outside Savannah's bedroom window. I checked Savannah's head and she was burning up in her bed with a 103 fever! What! I grabbed her up and put her in the bath and gave he more Motrin that had worn off during the night. Can dogs sense this kind of thing or was it a fluke? I don't know. After that Roxy settled down, and I was able to get her fever in control. I told her about Roxy and she immediately said my dog is a hero! It was the first smile I have seen on her face all week. Made me smile too. She has been feeling better, and is back at school. She missed school terribly which is another post. I guess you could say nooo home schooling in the future for her.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is such a great story. Her little Roxy to the rescue. Glad she is back to feeling good. It was a miserable thing.

Kate said...

Did the rest of the kids get sick too or just Savannah. Roxie is my hero. Glad Savannah is feeling better. Love you all, Nana

Kat said...

*grin* Roxy deserves a treat! Sorry to hear Savannah wasn't feeling good.

Sheri Trimmer said...

That is too bad that she has been so sick. Yay for Roxy for being such a hero! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! :)