Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Funny choice of words


This morning while pancakes my son and I had a interesting conversation. He had the news on and they were talking about how you can genetically pick out the characteristic and sex of your child. The conversation went something like this:


Trevor: "Hey Mom, Did you know that you can now design you own child??"

Me: "What!" I wasn't sure what he was talking about. You mean what they wear?

Trevor: NO I mean, what you want them to look like...color eyes..color hair..how tall

that sort of thing.

Me: I had to laugh and laugh..design I thought. What a funny choice of words. So I

said, wow that's pretty crazy that you can design you own baby. Whats this world coming

to?

Trevor: Why is that funny? I think it's pretty cool..I think you should design and have another

child.

Me: Laugh..well I am just to old for that, and I don't think I would be into that whole designing a baby thing anyway.

Trevor: Well if you change you mind..can you PLEASE make sure it's a BOY! That would be

my only request.

Me: Laugh, Laugh Laugh...I told him you made me laugh this morning and I think that is a

great way to start my day.

Trevor: Laughed along too

Me: btw...I told him I think I just might have to blog about this today. Sry about the crazy sidway picture :)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Sue, this is a favorite blog post for me. Loved it! I can just hear Trevor saying this. "Design a baby." Let's make t-shirts! Miss you.

Katie said...

that was a great conversation. lucky you. i think you should design a baby. a lady in my ward has 18 years between number 2 and number 3. sounds good to me.

Sheri Trimmer said...

So funny! Trevor is a funny kid. This made me laugh. You better get started on designing another boy for that kid. ;)

Kate said...

Some of my funniest conversations come with Trevor. He is a thinker! Should I hold my breath? 18 is a nice number! Love you, Nana